Tender chunks of beef, a luscious cream sauce, and buttery egg noodles come together to make this comforting Beef Stroganoff a hit! This family favorite might taste gourmet, but it’s quite simple to make this dinner staple. All you have to do is dedicate approximately 20 minutes to prep work, before letting everything simmer for 15 minutes. Before you know it, you’ll have a well-rounded, restaurant-quality meal on the table! Read on for the easy-to-follow instructions.
• 1 ½ pounds beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
• 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• ¼ cup butter
• 1 ½ cups beef flavored broth
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 ½ cups sour cream
• 3 cups cooked egg noodles
1. Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strip.
2. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
3. Cook beef in the same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Stir remaining 1/2-cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
5. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Appling Lakes Apartments in Cordova, Tennessee, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!