It is no secret that Tennessee takes its fried chicken seriously, with Memphis home to some of the best-fried chicken restaurants in the country. Yet, sometimes, you’d rather prepare your own batch of crispy fried chicken at home, instead of placing yet another costly takeout order. When that happens, reach for this Internet-Famous Fried Chicken recipe from Taste of Home. This chicken recipe has not only drawn comparisons to famous fried chicken establishments, but it has also garnered over 4 million views. Try this family favorite tonight, and you’ll agree that this recipe yields fresh fried chicken at its best!
• 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
• 2 tablespoons garlic salt
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
• 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
• 2 large eggs
• 1-1/2 cups water
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
• Oil for deep-fat frying
1. In a large shallow dish, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, 2 tablespoons garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper, and 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning.
2. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and 1-1/2 cups water; add 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1-1/3 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the flour mixture, a few pieces at a time. Turn to coat.
4. In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
5. Working in batches, fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°, about 7-8 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Appling Lakes Apartments in Cordova, Tennessee, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!