Master the art of cooking by joining Appling Lakes Apartments in Cordova, Tennessee in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.
We have a new culinary favorite for you, too. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich, made with perfectly cooked chicken, Black Forest ham, melted mozzarella, and plenty of crisp arugula, is hearty, filling, and delicious – the ultimate trifecta! Better yet, it’s easy to throw together after a busy day at work or a weekend spent at the ballpark with the kiddos. Check out the ingredients and directions for this crowd favorite below.
- 4 chicken cutlets, 1/4-inch thick for 3/4 to 1 pound total
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices Black Forest ham
- 8 slices smoked mozzarella
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch arugula
- Preheat the broiler in your oven.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly space the chicken cutlets in the center. Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil, rotating the baking sheet as needed so the chicken cooks evenly, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to broil until cooked through, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each piece of chicken with 1 slice ham and 2 slices mozzarella. Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, cut the baguette crosswise into 4 equal pieces, then split open. Spread the bottom halves with butter and the top halves with mustard.
- Toss the arugula with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sandwich the chicken and watercress between the baguette halves.