Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, Appling Lakes Apartments in Cordova, Tennessee makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!
If you’re having trouble thinking of a meal for tonight, turn to this recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach and Bacon. Not only are mushrooms a versatile addition to any meal, but they are also particularly savory and filling. Whether they’re sitting atop a perfectly cooked steak, filling your quesadilla, or folded into a delicious pasta, it’s hard not to love these tasty fungi. Even though it makes for an awesome finger food, this dish can also be turned into an entrée by doubling the ingredients. Check out everything you’ll need below!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 12 large mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Place frozen spinach in a medium saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook spinach covered 10 minutes. Uncover and stir. Remove from heat and drain.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Arrange caps in the baking dish. Finely chop stems.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and mix in onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender, then mix in bacon, spinach, chopped mushroom stems and heavy cream. Bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff mushroom caps generously with the mixture. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes until lightly browned.